Feb 28, 2015

see you in 3-6 months

on february 10, i started physio because i sprained my ankle a week prior literally doing nothing but turning around.

this "doing nothing" concept isn't new to me and is usually the reason behind why all of my injuries occur. throughout my life, my knees have constantly dislocated for no reason and i've fractured my ankle twice as a kid. my knees and ankles get sore pretty easily and i don't have much mobility, flexibility, or stability in my legs. i've always known this.

i've tried my best to strengthen through sports and stretching but nothing ever worked out the way it should. injury after injury, there was never any rehab. my physiotherapist is starting from the very basics and moving up. i have daily exercises and weekly appointments. four weeks in and i'm already noticing a difference, despite hurting my other ankle this morning for no reason. in 6 months, there should be a noticeable difference and i should have extended mobility.

i've started a new regime of pills to fight off another infection that i'll be on for another 3-6 months, depending on how i react. i hope it goes well. this also means no beer for 3-6 months. but i should be back in time for patio season. let's think warm thoughts.

my raise at work went through starting in january and things outside of my health are generally fine. i spend my weekends doing fun things and spending time with the people i care about most. this must be what mid-twenties feels like.

on march 21, i'll be going to my first toronto comicon. if it's anything like fan expo, i'm sure i'll enjoy my time. unfortunately, it won't be the same as my two worlds of baseball and nerdy things won't collide like they did during fan expo.

seriously, i'm sick of winter and would like to be skiing. too bad i'm in toronto. i'm ready for summer.

my parents are thinking about taking my brother and i to florida at the end of april and i'm looking forward to the sun. hopefully my ankles and knees are in working order by then.

see you on the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment